Blueberry Buckle Coffeecake
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 4 Tbs. butter, at room temperature, at least 65°F
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 Tbs. butter, softened
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease an 8" square, 9" square, or 9" round cake pan. If you use an 8" square pan or round pan, make sure it's at least 2" deep.
- To make the streusel topping: Mix the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Cut or rub in the butter with the side of a fork, two knives or your fingertips until it reaches a crumbly state. Set aside.
- To make the cake: Blend the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Alternately add the milk and the flour mixture to the sugar/butter mixture, ending with flour. Add blueberries. Stir only enough to blend.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the streusel topping over the batter.
- Bake the cake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and set it on a rack to cool for 10 minutes. Serve right from the pan. Or, to transfer to a serving plate, Loosen the sides with a knife or spatula. Holding the pan in your left hand, gently tip the cake out onto your right hand, remove the pan, and gently right the cake onto a serving dish.