Chicken Pad Thai
This quick 30-minute version of the restaurant favorite is from Cook's Country.
- 8 oz. dried rice stick noodles (about ⅛" wide)
- ¾ cup warm water
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup juice from 2 limes
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, meat shredded into bite-size pieces (about 3 cups)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Peanuts and scallions (topping)
- Cover rice sticks with hot tap water in large bowl and soak until softened but not fully tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain noodles. Meanwhile, whisk ¾ cup warm water, fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar in bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add chicken and garlic and cook until lightly browned and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add noodles and fish sauce mixture and cook until noodles are coated with sauce, about 3 minutes.
- Scatter bean sprouts and cilantro over noodles and continue to cook, tossing constantly,, until noodles are full tender about 3 minutes.
- Top with chopped peanuts and scallions.