Balsamic Roasted Pears
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 firm-ripe Bosc pears, halved lengthwise and cored
- 3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz Manchego or mild fresh goat cheese, cut into 4 pieces, at room temperature
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter in an 8-inch square glass baking dish in middle of oven, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange pears, cut sides down, in 1 layer in butter and roast in middle of oven until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Pour vinegar over pears and roast 5 minutes more.
- Transfer pears, cut sides down, to serving plates with cheese and spoon some of juices from baking dish over pears. Drizzle pears and cheese with honey and sprinkle with pepper.
- (Recipe from Epicurious)