Zucchini Carrot Fritters
Colorful, nutritious, and so easy to make.
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained
- 1 zucchini, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 carrot, grated (about 1 cup)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. basil, chopped
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Olive oil
- Mash chickpeas with fork in large bowl. Set aside.
- Grate zucchini and carrots. Place in clean cloth and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. (I used a small zucchini and skipped this step and the consistency was just fine.)
- Add veggies, Panko, eggs, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper to bowl with mashed chickpeas and stir to blend.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium heat. (If heat is too high, fritters will get too dark rather than golden brown.)
- Scoop 2 Tbs. of mixture into your hand and press to form patty. Flatter patties will be crisper than the thicker ones.)
- Cook until the underside is golden brown, then flip and repeat.
- Serve with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and diced green onions, guacamole sauce, or use ranch dressing as a dip.