Bourbon Fruitcake Cookies
A small bite of fruitcake for the holiday season with a touch of bourbon.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. fresh nutmeg
- 3 Tbs. milk
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 cup candied pineapple chopped
- 1 cup candied red cherries chopped
- 1 cup candied green cherries chopped
- 1 cup dates chopped
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- Cream butter and sugar, mixing well. Add the eggs and beat well. Combine flour, baking soda, and spices; add the butter/sugar mixture to the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk and mixing well after each addition. Stir in bourbon, fruit and nuts and mix well to incorporate.
- Drop heaping teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Makes approximately 5 dozen cookies.