Because this old-fashioned recipe is a favorite of young and old, it works well for holiday meals.
Recipe type: Vegetable
- 2 (10-oz. pkgs.) frozen corn, thawed, drained
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tsp. grated onion
- ¼ cup unsifted flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. white pepper (or black or cayenne)
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- Dash nutmeg
- 2 Tbs. butter or oleo, melted
- 2 cups light cream (or ⅓ cup light cream and 1-2/3 whole milk)
- 1 (4-oz.) can pimentos, drained and chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease 1-1/2 quart shallow baking dish. In large bowl, combine corn, eggs, and onion. Mix well.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, sugar, and nutmeg. Stir into corn mixture.
- Add butter, cream, and pimentos; mix well. Pour into prepared dish. Set dish in larger pan. pour hot water to 1-inch depth around dish.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for one hour or until pudding is firm and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into squares and serve hot. Serves 6-8.