Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
These copycat biscuits can be make in just 20 minutes and they taste better than the originals.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper optional
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 3 Tbs. unsalted butter melted
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper, if using.
- In large glass measuring cup, or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk and butter. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Gently fold in cheese.
- Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, scoop the batter evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For the topping, whisk together butter, parsley and garlic powder in a small bowl. Working one at a time, brush the tops of the biscuits with the butter mixture.
- Serve immediately.