Beef-Rice Stuffed Peppers
I love to stuff different colored bell peppers: green, yellow, red, or orange. They make such a pretty entree. Make ahead and freeze for an easy meal.
- 6 bell peppers tops removed, seeded
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 lb. to 1 lb. lean ground beef preferably half pork
- 1 tbs. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 8 oz. tomato sauce.
- Parmesan for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large pot of boiling water, parboil the peppers until tender, about 5 minutes depending on size and thickness of shell.
- In large skillet, saute the onions in a bit of oil, add meat, and cook until meat is browned. Add all the spices and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and cooked rice, stirring well. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Pour a small bit of water in bottom of baking dish. Stuff bell peppers with meat mixture and place upright in baking dash. Bake until pepper shells are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Top with parmesan cheese.