Pimento Green Beans
Easy, tasty, colorful, and healthy addition to any meal. Great side dish for holidays.
Recipe type: Vegetable
- 2 lbs. fresh green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 can chicken broth
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 (2-oz.) jar pimientos, chopped and drained
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a large saucepan, bring beans, broth and onion to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain. Stir in the pimientos, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serves 10.