Easy Beef Enchiladas
Beginning with a good store-bought red enchilada sauce jump starts this easy but delicious Mexican dish.
Recipe type: One Dish Meals
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 1½ lbs. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- ½ tsp. salt
- 10-12 corn tortillas (I prefer Tortilla Land)
- Canola oil
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup black olives, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Warm red enchilada sauce in saucepan. In a skillet, brown the meat and onions, draining off excess fat. Stir in cans of drained green chilies and salt. Remove to bowl.
- Clean skillet, add canola oil, and heat. Cook each tortilla for 30 second per side or until soft, but not crispy. Remove to paper towel-lined plate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour about ½ cup of sauce in 9 x13 baking dish. Dip each tortilla into remaining red sauce and place on work surface. Spoon meat, a little cheese, olives and green onions in the center of tortilla. Roll up and place, seam down, in baking dish. Repeat until pan is full.
- Pour remaining red sauce over enchiladas. Top with remaining cheddar. Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro or parsley.