Strawberry Lettuce Salad
I love the mingling of flavors in this salad: fruity, nutty, tangy, cheesy. A perfect side dish for holidays or cookouts.
Recipe type: Salads and Dressings
- Candied Pecan Ingredients
- 1Tbs. butter
- 1Tbs. packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup pecan halves
- pinch salt
- Dressing Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup extra light tasting olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- Salad Ingredients
- 10 oz. mixed lettuce greens
- ¼ small red onion, sliced
- 1 qt. fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ (5 oz.) package feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- In a small skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add pecans, sugar and salt. Stir until pecans are well coated. Stir until the sugar caramelizes, about 3-5 minutes.
- Spread onto paper towel. Separate pecans. Allow to cool.
- In a pint-size mason jar, combine dressing ingredients. Seal and shake until well combined.
- In a large bowl combine the lettuce, onions, strawberries and blueberries. Pour about ½ of dressing over salad and toss. Top with avocado, cheese and candied nuts. Serve remaining dressing on the side.