Carrot Pecan Cake
A family favorite that never grows old.
Recipe type: Cakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pans
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsps. baking soda
- 2 tsps. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsps. salt
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups carrots, grated
- 2 (8-oz) pkgs. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick salted butter, room temperature
- 1 (16-oz) box powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups pecans, chopped, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour 3 (9-inch) round pans; Line bottom of the pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add eggs and vegetable oil. Using a hand mixer, blend until combined. Add carrots and 1-1/2 cups pecans.
- Pour into pans. Bake for approximately 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, place on waxed paper and allow to cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting:
- Add cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar into a medium bowl and beat until fluffy using a hand mixer. Stir in remaining ½ cup nuts. Spread frosting on top of each cake layer. Stack the cakes on a serving plate and serve.