Wonderful on salads, sandwiches, and vegetables.
Recipe type: Salad Dressing
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-1/2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup Balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 Tbs. fresh basil and/or parsley, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mince the garlic and add to food processor along with mustard, vinegar and olive oil. Run until emulsified. Stir in herbs.
- Alternatively, mince garlic herbs in small bowl and add mustard and vinegar. Slowly stream in oil and whisk until thick and creamy and there is no oil ring at the top.
- Keeps in refrigerator for a week or more. After refrigeration stir or shake and set out for a while to soften. Yields: 1-1/4 cups