"Tuna" Almond Salad
This recipe comes as close to a real tuna salad as you can get and it's all done with almonds, vegetables and spices.
- 1 cup raw almonds soaked
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3- 4 Tbs. vegan mayo to taste
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 – 3 tsp. fresh lemon juice to taste
- 1/4 tsp. fine grain sea salt or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch of kelp granules optional, lends a “fishy” flavor, optional
- Soak almonds in a bowl of water for 3-9 hours until plump. Drain and rinse well.
- Add drained almonds to food processor (there’s no need to peel the almond skins) and process until finely chopped. It should look a bit like flaked tuna. Place into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped celery, green onion, garlic, mayo, mustard, and lemon. Stir well to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add a pinch of kelp granules if desired