Trout with White Wine and Butter Sauce
- 1.5 lbs. trout – 2 fish fillets keep skin on the bottom
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 diced garlic cloves
- 3 Tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. fresh chopped parsley
- 2 Tbs. white wine
- 2 Tbs. butter at room temp
- Start by seasoning trout fillets with Italian herbs and salt.
- On medium heat, warm olive oil in a large skillet that has a lid (lid will need to be used later). Once pan is hot, add fish fillets flesh side down and skin side up. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Flip fish to skin side down.
- Cook for 2 to 4 minutes. Remove the skillet from heat. Cover skillet with lid and allow trout to sit for 5 to 10 minutes until completely cooked and flaky. Carefully remove fish from skillet, separating the fish from the skin. Place trout on serving platter.
- Remove fish skin from skillet. Allow cooking oils to remain in pan.
- Add lemon juice, diced garlic and St. James Winery Sauvignon Blanc to the skillet with remaining oil.
- Cook on medium to low heat for about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add 1 Tbs. fresh parsley and butter – stirring until butter is melted.
- Top fish with cream sauce, sprinkle 1 Tbs. of remaining parsley over trout. (From St. James Winery)