- 3 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tsp. salt divided
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup half and half cream
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3/4 tsp. ground pepper
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1" pieces. Bring potatoes, 1 tsp. salt and cold water to cover to a boil in medium-size Dutch oven over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 16-20 minutes or until fork tender. Drain.
- Return potatoes to Dutch oven. Cook until water evaporates and potatoes look dry. Mound potatoes on one side; add butter, next 3 ingredients and remaining 1 tsp salt to opposite side of Dutch oven. Cook 1-2 minute or until butter is melted and mixture boils.
- Remove from heat; beat at medium speed with electric mixer 30 seconds to 1 minute. Don not overbeat. Serve immediately.