Art Comes Alive!
Here in St. Louis, starting Oct. 1 and running through Nov. 21, you can journey into the world of the acclaimed Dutch master through a multimedia experience that includes 300 works. “Beyond Van Gogh” has been billed as Art Free from Frames and, indeed, it is.
Within a decade, the young, unrecognized artist created 2100 artworks, including 860 oils, but was commercially unsuccessful. He sold only one painting during his lifetime (Red Vineyard).
Under the Big Top
The location of the exhibit is easy to find. It’s not in an art gallery or a brick and mortar building of any kind. It’s in a huge white tent (you can’t miss it) on the south side of the Galleria (the Macy’s side).
Beginning October 1
The exhibit was open to media on Thursday and I went along with Robin. We soared into the surreal world of the Post-Impressionist painter, with all its flowers, skies, landscapes, and selfies.
Tickets and Time
“I Could Have Stayed All Day!”
Don’t miss this incredible show for an unforgettable immersion into the mind and work of one of the world’s greatest artists.
Beyond Van Gogh will be in St. Louis October 1 thru November 21. Hour are from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Four entry times will be available each hour. Ticket prices begin at $33.99 for adults and $19.99 for children ages 5-15. Children under 5 are free. The visit will take about one hour.
- Timed ticket sales to help reduce congestion and capacity.
- Arrow markings to allow for separate entrance and exit directions.
- Increased cleaning practices of high touch surfaces with approved cleaning products.
- Multiple hand sanitizer stations throughout the exhibit and venue.
- Contactless transactions only to lessen transmission risk.
- Masks are required inside the venue.