Use this simple, but delicious topping over angel food cake cubes and ice cream for a quick summer dessert.
- 4 large peaches pitted and sliced into eighths
- 2 oranges juiced and peeled
- 1 bottle Moscato wine or white wine such as Pinot Grigio, about 5 cups
- 1/2 cup sugar or 2 Tbs. honey
- 1 vanilla bean split, or 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Place sliced peaches in serving bowl. Juice the orange and cut the peel into matchsticks. In separate bowl, mix wine, sugar, juice, and rinds..
- Pour over peaches. Cover and refrigerate to chill for 1 hour.
- Use peaches as topping for angel food cake (store bought, if you like) and vanilla ice cream.