Field Greens and Coconut Shrimp
- 20-24 large shrimp 3 per salad, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1-1/4 cup flour
- vegetable oil
- 2 7-oz packages shredded coconut
- 3/4 lb. mixed salad greens
- Cut shrimp in half lengthwise and set aside. Combine egg, seasoned salt, and beer. Gradually stir in flour, beating till smooth. Pour 1 1/2 inches of oil into a large skilled and bring to medium-high temperature, about 325 degrees.
- Put coconut in a shallow bowl. Dip shrimp in batter, then coat with coconut. Fry a few at a time for about 4 minutes or util golden on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- Dress salad with your favorite dressing (or Basil Vinaigrette), Place three shrimp around edge of salad just before serving.
- If preparing ahead, refrigerate shrimp after frying and reheat the next day in a preheated 350 oven for about 5 minutes. Serves 12.