Fresh Sauteed Corn
If you choose to cut your corn from the cob, keep it simple, as this recipe does.
- 8 ears of fresh corn
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. superfine sugar optional if corn is sweet
- Husk the ears of corn and cut the kernels from each ear.
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add corn and saute, stirring frequently so that the corn cooks evenly. After about 6-7 minutes, test for doneness. Corn should be crisp, but not mushy.
- Turn off heat and season with salt pepper and sugar to taste.