Twice Baked Potatoes
- Using the directions below for making this easy, but tasty potato dish.
- Oil eight potatoes and prick with a fork. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
- Cut cooked potatoes lengthwise and scrape out the hot potatoes as soon as you can handle them. Put the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Leave about a quarter-inch of pulp for a sturdy wall. Line up empty shells on a cookie sheet.
- Make a mixture of butter, fried bacon bits, sour cream (or cream cheese), shredded cheddar or jack cheese, green onions, salt/pepper, and enough milk (or buttermilk) for the consistency you want.
- Pile the potato mixture high into shells and top with more grated cheese.
- Bake for the second time at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.