Crispy Lemony Potatoes
- 2 lbs. baby Yukons or red potatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Zest of 1 lemon in thick strips
- 2 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Parmesan for grating
- Parsley for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the potatoes in a wide-based saucepan, add chicken stock, lemon zest and garlic (the stock may not cover the potatoes fully, that’s OK). Bring to the boil, cover and cook for 8 minutes
- Drain potatoes, picking out the lemon zest and saving it for later. Oil an oven tray generously. Gently flatten each potato on a chopping board, using the base of a small saucepan.
- Place the smashed potatoes on the oven tray, drizzle them with olive oil. Dice the reserved lemon zest and sprinkle it atop potatoes. Roast for 30-40 minutes, until the potatoes are crisp, golden and irresistible.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and finely grate Parmesan over the top either before or after cooking in oven. Sprinkle with chopped parsley for extra color.