Bombay Aloo (Indian-Style Potatoes)
- 4 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper or to taste
- 4 Tbs. minced onion
- Cube potatoes, cover with water and cook until tender, 5-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet and add seeds, cooking until they pop. Add remainin spices and salt and cook another minute, or so, being careful not to scorch the spices.
- Add onions and cook until softened, several minutes.
- Stir the potato cubes into onion-spice mixture and warm for several minutes. Add salt, if more is needed.