King Arthur’s No-Knead Sourdough Bread
- 1 cup ripe fed sourdough starter
- 1 3/4 cups water lukewarm
- 5 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 Tb. salt
- 2 tsp. diastatic malt powder optional for a more golden color and stronger rise
- Weigh your flour; or measure it by gently spooning it into a cup, then sweeping off any excess.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, or a large (6-quart) food-safe plastic bucket.
- Mix and stir everything together to make a sticky, rough dough.
- If you have a stand mixer, beat at medium speed with the paddle attachment for 30 to 60 seconds. If you don't have a mixer, just stir with a big spoon or dough whisk until everything is combined.
- Leave the dough in the bucket or 6-quart bowl, cover it with the bucket’s lid or a piece of plastic wrap, and let it rise for 1 hour.