Pork Schnitzel with Potato Crust
- 1 1/2 cups dried potato flakes
- 4 4 oz. boneless pork chops, lightly pounded to 1/4" thick
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Flaky sea salt and lemon wedge for serving
- 2 Tbs. seeded minced cherry pepper
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh chives
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Beat eggs with a pinch of salt in shallow bowl. Spread potato flakes in a separate shallow bowl. Season pork chops to taste with salt and pepper. Dip pork chops in egg, letting excess drip back into bowl.
- Dredge chops in potato flakes, pressing to help flakes adhere
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium-high until butter melts. Working in batches, add pork to skillet and cook until browned and crispy, about 2 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer chops to paper towel-lined plate.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, and serve chops with the hot pepper mayonnaise and lemon. wedges.
- Sauce Directions
- Combine mayo, cherry pepper,and chives in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Recipe from Food & Wine)