Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas
People munch on this crunchy and delicious dish like it was popcorn. It disappears fast. So don't set it out until you're ready for it to be quickly consumed.
- 1 14 oz. can chickpeas rinsed, drained and dried in a kitchen towel.
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite-size florets
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. seeded mustard
- 1 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and set the rack in middle.
- Toss chickpeas and cauliflower together in a large roasting pan with 3 Tbs. olive oil and a big pinch of salt. (The 1/4 cup of olive oil goes in the mustard sauce.)
- Roast, stirring now and then until everything is brownish and the cauliflower, about 45 minutes. If not brown enough, leave fro another 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the mustards, vinegar, and 1/4 cup or olive oil with a big pinch of salt and a few healthy grinds of black pepper. While the chickpeas and cauliflower are still warm, toss with mustard dressing and parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serves 4.