- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1-1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 4 Tbs. olive oil and more if need
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup yellow onion thinly sliced, loosely packed (optional)
- 1 Tbs. fresh rosemary optional
- Sift the chickpea flour into your bowl, so it doesn’t lump, and use a whisk to combine it with water. Do not skimp on black pepper or olive oil. Cover the batter with a cloth and let it rest on the counter for an hour or so.
- Preheat a 9-10″ skillet or pan in the oven. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Then oil top slightly and stick under broiler until there’s some brown spottiness on top.