Cold Spicy Noodles
My daughter brought this delightful dish home from college. It's still a family favorite.
- 1 chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 4 oz. Chinese #4 egg noodles or spaghetti
- 1 tsp. sesame oil for noodles
- green onion chopped for topping
- chopped peanuts for topping
- For Sauce:
- ¼ cup sesame paste tahini
- 3 Tbs. tea or water
- 2 Tbs. hot chili oil
- 3 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbs. light soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sugar
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 2 Tbs. chopped garlic
- 1 Tbs. sesame oil
- Boil chicken 10-15 minutes, remove from pot. Let cool and shred.
- Retain water/broth from chicken. Cook noodles in water/broth for 7 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water to cool. Pat dry and sprinkle with the 1 tsp. sesame oil.
- For sauce, combine all the ingredients in blender and process until mixture becomes smooth. For best results, chill chicken, noodles and sauce for at least 1 hour before combining.
- Divide noodles into bowls. Add shredded chicken (if desired), chopped onion, and chopped peanuts. Top with a few tablespoons of sauce (or as much as you like). Serves 2-3