- 1 clove garlic
- 1-1/2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 Tbs. fresh basil and/or parsley minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mince the garlic and add to food processor along with mustard, vinegar and olive oil. Run until emulsified. Stir in herbs.
- Alternatively, mince garlic herbs in small bowl and add mustard and vinegar. Slowly stream in oil and whisk until thick and creamy and there is no oil ring at the top.
- Keeps in refrigerator for a week or more. After refrigeration stir or shake and set out for a while to soften. Yields: 1-1/4 cups