Andes Chocolate Mint Brownies
- ½ cup + 2 Tbs. boiling water
- 2 oz. unsweetened Ghirardelli chocolate bar chopped fine
- 1/3 cup 1-oz. Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs and 2 large egg yolks
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- 4 oz. Andes Chocolate Mints cut into 1/2” pieces, plus 2 oz. for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 13”x9” baking pan with aluminum foil that hangs over the edge so cooked brownies can be lifted out to cool. Spray foil with vegetable oil.
- Whisk boiling water, unsweetened Ghirardelli chocolate, and cocoa in large bowl until mixture is melted. Whisk in sugar, oil, eggs, and yolks, melted butter, and vanilla. Gentle whisk in flour and salt and stir in chopped Andes Mints.
- Scatter the remaining 2-oz. of chopped Andes Mints over top of batter.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached. About 30-35 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking. Transfer pan to wire rack and let cool for 1-1/2 hours.
- Lift cooked brownies out of pan and return them to wire rack and let cool for 1 hour. Cut into 2” squares.