Zucchini-Tomato Hamburger Pie
It doesn't get any quicker than this to turn out a delicious one-dish meal.
- ½ lb. ground beef
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ½ cup diced green pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Pastry for double-crust deep-dish pie (9 to 10 inches)
- 4 cups sliced zucchini, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, salt and garlic salt over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the green pepper, oregano, parsley, bread crumbs, cheese and egg; mix well. Set aside.
- Place bottom pastry in pie plate; layer 2 cups of zucchini in crust. Cover with beef mixture. Top with tomato slices and remaining 2 cups zucchini.
- Place top pastry over zucchini. Cut a few slits in top.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until crust is lightly browned.