Vietnamese Bun Bo Xao
- 1 serving of rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/3 medium chicken thigh
- 2 slices white onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbs. prepared fish sauce
- 2 green leaf lettuce
- 1 Tbs. shredded carrots
- Sriracha chili sauce to taste
- 6 roasted peanuts crushed
- 1 Tbs. onion flakes
- olive oil to taste
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 3 spearmint leaves
- 3 Thai basil leaves
- Mince cloves of garlic and slices of white onion and set aside.
- Add olive oil to small sauce pan under medium heat, add onion flakes to pan and gently stir until onion flakes become crispy. Pour fried onions and olive oil into a condiment bowl.
- Bring 3 cups of water to boil; add roll of vermicelli noodles to boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes, drain and place vermicelli noodles in a medium size eating bowl.
- In a medium pot bring water to boil, reduce heat to medium and add chicken thigh and cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Set cooked chicken aside and let cool.
- Once chicken has cooled, use fork to shred chicken thigh.
- Chop green leaf lettuce along with spearmint and Thai basil leaves and set aside.
- Place the rice vermicelli noodles in a medium bowl and add fresh bean sprouts on one side of the bowl and add the chopped lettuce and mint next to the bean sprouts.
- In a small sauce pot, add 3 Tbs. olive oil over medium heat. Add both minced garlic and chopped onions to pan.
- Add shredded chicken to pan and sauté for 45 seconds.
- Top vermicelli noodles with sautéed chicken, fried onions, shredded carrots, teaspoon of Sriracha and crushed peanuts.
- Serve with side of 3 Tbs. of prepared fish sauce.