This quick and easy cucumber sauce is perfect for vegetable fritters and Mediterranean dishes.
Recipe type: Sauce
- ½ cucumber, sliced vertically, seeded and grated
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 6 Tbs. Greek yogurt
- 1 green onion, white and green parts, chopped fine
- 1 Tbs. chopped parsley (or dill, or mint or cilantro)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Use medium size grate on cucumber. Place the grated cucumber in a colander in the sink and sprinkle with a little salt. Let drain for 10 minutes. (Or squeeze the grated cucumber with a paper towel to keep sauce from being too runny.)
- Remove cucumber to bowl and stir in the remaining sauce ingredients. Refrigerate for 2 hours to let flavors blend. Makes about 1 cup. Double recipe, if desired.