Tuna Noodle Salad
Perfect for buffet or cookout. Even better when made ahead..
- 2 cups dried elbow macaroni or sea shell macaroni
- 1 or 2 small cans of flaked tuna drained,(I prefer oiled packed)
- 1 small can of tiny peas drained
- 1 small onion diced small
- 12 sweet pickle drained and diced
- ½ to 1 green pepper diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 3 medium stalks of celery diced
- 4 eggs cooked and diced (optional)
- Mayonnaise real mayo, not salad dressing, enough to moisten
- 1 Tbs. prepared mustard
- Pinch of cayenne
- ¼ to ½ tsp. garlic powder.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large mixing bowl, combine cooked and cooled noodles, tuna, vegetables and eggs.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne and garlic powder; and add to salad.
- Season with salt and pepper. Can refrigerate for two days; add a little warm water to loosen texture if salad dries out.
- Note: Proportions are easily adjusted depending on which ingredients you prefer. Best made ahead. Serves 12