Three Cities in Spain Cheesecake
- For Crust:
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups graham crackers, ground fine
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- For Filling:
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten lightly
- For Topping:
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1 (16 oz.) sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make Crust:
- In a bowl, stir together crumbs, butter, sugar and salt. Sprinkle half of crumb mixture onto bottom of a buttered 9-1/2” spring-form pan near rim, pressing evenly using the bottom of a glass and extending the mixture about 1” up sides. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture onto bottom and brews evenly over bottom, joining edge.
- Make Filling:
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy and add eggs a little as at time, beating on low speed until just combined. Beat in vanilla and sugar, beating on low speed until just combined. Pour filling into crust and bake in middle of oven 45 minutes. Transfer cake in pan to a rack and let stand 5 minutes. (Cake will not be set in center, but will set as it cools.) Leave oven on.
- Make Topping:
- In a bowl, stir together sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Drop spoonfuls of topping around edge of cake and spread gently over center, smoothing evenly. Bake cake 10 minutes more. Transfer cake in pan to rack and cool completely. Chill cake, covered overnight. Remove side of pan and transfer cake to a plate. Let cheesecake stand at room temperature 30 minutes and serve with fresh strawberries or top with cherry pie filling.
- Serve French toast with whipped cream and maple syrup. Serves 4. (Adapted from Daniel Gritzer)