Thai Chicken Pasta
Very similar to the version served at California Pizza Kitchen
- 1 lb. thin spaghetti
- 2 Tbs oriental sesame oil divided use
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 2 cups napa cabbage sliced
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 8 green onions chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbs. minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbs. chili-garlic sauce
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of salt to season the water.
- Cook pasta, al dente (I shoot for a minute shy of what the box says)
- Drain pasta and toss with 1 Tbs. sesame oil.
- Pat dry the inside of the pot and add 1 Tbs. of sesame oil.
- If you would like to add some green onions as a garnish at the end, reserve 1/4 cup before putting the rest in the pan.
- Add the green onions, carrots, napa cabbage, chicken, garlic and ginger.
- Saute for a minute or two until they have softened and barely start to turn color.
- Add the honey, peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar and Sriracha.
- Stir all ingredients together and add the pasta back into the pot.
- Toss the pasta with rest of ingredients and serve!
- Garnish with remaining green onions, if you chose to reserve some