Strawberry Lettuce Salad
I love the mingling of flavors in this salad: fruity, nutty, tangy, cheesy. A perfect side dish for holidays or cookouts.
- Candied Pecan Ingredients
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 1 Tbs. packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- pinch salt
- Dressing Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup extra light tasting olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Salad Ingredients
- 10 oz. mixed lettuce greens
- 1/4 small red onion sliced
- 1 qt. fresh strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 avocado cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 5 oz. package feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- In a small skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add pecans, sugar and salt. Stir until pecans are well coated. Stir until the sugar caramelizes, about 3-5 minutes.
- Spread onto paper towel. Separate pecans. Allow to cool.
- In a pint-size mason jar, combine dressing ingredients. Seal and shake until well combined.
- In a large bowl combine the lettuce, onions, strawberries and blueberries. Pour about 1/2 of dressing over salad and toss. Top with avocado, cheese and candied nuts. Serve remaining dressing on the side.