Adapted from www.Food52.com, this delicious meal in a skillet is true comfort food.
- • 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- • 2 cups baby spinach
- • Kosher salt
- • 1/4 tsp. red wine vinegar
- • 1 small white onion thinly sliced into half moons
- • 3 roasted red peppers packed in oil, chopped
- • 5 cloves garlic minced
- • 2 chorizo sausages chopped
- • 1/8 tsp. smoked paprika
- • 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- • One 14-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed, or 1 large Yukon potato, peeled & cooked
- • 3 Tbs. parsley chopped
- • 1/4 cup chèvre crumbled
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in skillet. Add the spinach and toss to coat. Heat the spinach until it begins to wilt, about 4 minutes, then add the red wine vinegar and a pinch of kosher salt. Remove the spinach. Add onion, red pepper, and garlic to the pan. Sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chorizo. (If the chorizo is not cured, make sure to cook it through, about 5 to 7 minutes.) Add the paprika and the cayenne. Add the chickpeas (or potato), then stir everything together. Taste and correct the salt, as needed.
- Stir in the reserved spinach, then the chives and the parsley, and finally top with the chèvre. Serves 6.
Leave a Reply