Serve this handy side dish with pancakes for breakfast or as a tasty side dish with nearly any menu.
- 4 large Granny Smith apples or mixture of apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbs. sugar I use a bit less, but suit your taste
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 sqeeze fresh lemon juice to taste
- In a large heavy skillet, sauté the apples in the butter over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until apples are softened.
- Sprinkle apples with sugar and cinnamon, and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Stir in lemon juice. Serve warm.