A nutritious and flavorful way to serve vegetables
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika preferably sweet Hungarian
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced fine
- 2 medium russet potato peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium parsnip peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium carrots cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 lb. butternut squash peeled, seeded & cut in 1" chunks
- 12 or so Brussels sprouts parboiled 1 minute and halved.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place oil, coriander, paprika, cumin, cayenne, salt and garlic in a large bowl.
- Place potato, sweet potato, parsnips, carrots, and squash into bowl and coat with the spiced oil-garlic mixture until well combined.
- Turn onto a sheet pan large enough to accommodate the vegetables in a single layer.
- Place the vegetables on the top shelf and roast for 45 to 50 minutes until tender.
- This recipe will flavor approximately 2 1/2 to 3 pounds of raw vegetables. If you want to add more of one, or omit a vegetable, it works perfectly well. Cut vegetables size proportionate so they will cook evenly.