Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
These oven baked fries are crusty on the outside and creamy on the inside. Easy to make and far better than the fried version.
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. coarse flaky sea salt
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbs. water
- 6 med. sweet potatoes peeled, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a large saucepan over high heat, combine vinegar, sugar, butter, salt, red pepper flakes and water, bringing to a boil.
- Remove pan from heat and add potato wedges, tossing to coat with mixture.
- Spread wedges evenly on parchment-lined (or foil) rimmed baking sheet. Roast (turning at least once) for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and glaze thickens. Remove from oven and sprinkle with additional salt, if desired. Recipe may be halved. (Slightly adapted from: A Southerly Course)