Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- ¾ cups pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbs. melted butter, plus more for greasing skillet
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices until well combined
- In medium bowl, whisk buttermilk, pumpkin puree, eggs, melted butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold gently with rubber spatula until just combined. (A few small lumps are okay.)
- Heat lightly greased griddle or nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Drop pancakes into the pan by the ¼ cup, making sure to leave plenty of room in between for the batter expand.
- Cook for a minute or two, until batter bubbles at the edge and browns on the bottom, then carefully flip. Cook another minute or two until batter is completely cooked through and pancakes are puffy and golden, Repeat until all batter is used. Keep extra pancakes warm on baking sheet in 250 degree oven..