Mini Potato Skins
- 1 1/2 lbs.Baby Dutch Yellow potatoes about 20 [2-inch] potatoes
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese shredded (about 1 cup)
- 6 bacon slices cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Scrub potatoes, and pat dry thoroughly. Place potatoes in a large bowl, and drizzle with olive oil; toss to coat. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in preheated oven until tender, 17 to 20 minutes. Cool potatoes completely on baking sheet, about 30 minutes.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise, and scoop out potato flesh, leaving 1⁄8-inch-thick shell. Reserve potato flesh for another use (such as mashed potatoes).
- Increase oven temperature to 450°F. Place potato skins, hollowed side down, on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes; flip potatoes over, and bake until crispy, 8 to 10 minutes longer.
- Fill potato skins evenly with Cheddar cheese, and top with bacon crumbles. Bake at 450°F until cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Top each potato skin with a dollop of sour cream, and sprinkle evenly with chopped fresh chives.
- (Recipe from Southern Living.)