Pimento Green Beans
Easy, tasty, colorful, and healthy addition to any meal. Great side dish for holidays.
- 2 lbs. fresh green beans cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 2-oz. jar pimientos, chopped and drained
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- In a large saucepan, bring beans, broth and onion to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain. Stir in the pimientos, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serves 10.