Pimiento Cheese Spread
An old, Southern favorite making a come back
- 6 cups freshly grated sharp Cheddar cheese 1 1/2 lb.
- 1/2 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise Duke’s mayo preferred
- 1 tablespoon grated yellow onion
- 1/3 cup pecans chopped and toasted (opt.)
- 8 pimento-stuffed olives opt.
- ¼ tsp. hot sauce
- 2 Tbs. dry sherry
- 1 7-oz. jar whole peeled pimiento, drained and cut into fourths
- Beat Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and yellow onion in a heavy-duty electric stand mixer at medium speed, 1 to 2 minutes, or until blended, but not smooth.
- Remove to bowl. Using a spoon, add in the pecans and olives (if using), hot sauce, and sherry.
- Drain and pat pimentos dry with a paper towel. Stir pimientos into mixture. Chill for a few hours, at least, before serving.
Leave a Reply