Sicilian Orange Bundt Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 8½ ounces), plus more for pan
- 2 Tbs. grated orange zest plus 1¼ cups fresh orange juice (from 3 oranges), divided
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil, plus more for greasing pan
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Stir together flour, orange zest, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs with an electric mixer on high speed until almost white, about 1 minute and 30 seconds. Add orange juice; beat on low speed until combined, about 20 seconds. With mixer running on low speed, gradually add flour mixture. Beat until just combined, about 1 minute (do not overmix).
- Transfer batter to a greased (with vegetable oil) and floured 9-inch tube or Bundt pan. Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack; let cool completely, about 1 hour. (Recipe: Food and Wine)