Monte Cristo Sandwich
- 8 slices Texas toast
- 12 slices turkey
- 12 slices ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tbs. butter, divided
- Dijon mustard
- powdered sugar
- raspberry jam or maple syrup, optional
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk together, set aside
- Spread desired amount of mayo on 4 slices of bread and Dijon mustard on the other 4 slices.
- Place 3 slices of turkey, one slice of cheese, and 3 slices ham on the mayo slice of bread and cover with the mustard bread
- Repeat for all 4 sandwiches.
- Heat 1 Tbs. of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Take one sandwich at a time and dip into egg batter, then flip over to coat the other side (as you would for French toast.
- Place sandwich into skillet and cook until done, flip over and cook other side.
- Remove from pan, place on a plate and continue cooking remaining sandwiches. Add the remaining butter between cooking, as needed.
- If desired, dust with powdered sugar and serve with raspberry jam or maple syrup. Serve warm.