A quick, flavor-packed sauce for pasta and vegetables.
- 4 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 28- oz. cans ready-cut peeled tomatoes or 5 lbs. fresh tomatoes, peeled and sliced.
- 1 6- oz. can tomato paste
- 4 Tbs. sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 8 fresh basil leaves chopped
- pepper to taste
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese grated
- In large frying pan, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, sun dried tomatoes, basil, and pepper.
- Cook 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with the grated cheese.
- Makes 2 quarts
Leave a Reply