Magic Green Sauce
A quick and easy sauce for crackers, chicken, chops, pasta, dips, salad dressing, and veggies---raw or roasted. I reduce the parsley/cilantro to 3/4 cup and use only 1/2 teaspoon salt. Some recipes include a bit of sour cream or yogurt. Experiment to suit your taste. It really is magical!
- 1 avocado pitted and chopped
- 1 cup packed parsley and cilantro leaves combined
- 1 jalapeño ribs and seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of one lime or two if you prefer more limey-ness
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt add more later, if desired
- ½ cup pistachios you can sub other nuts, but pistachios are best
- Pulse all ingredients, except the pistachios, in a food processor until incorporated.
- Add nuts and pulse until mostly smooth. (It depends on what consistency you want.)
- Serve as a dip, topping, spread, or sauce. Add additional water, or oil, to thin the sauce for use as a dressing or marinade. Recipe makes about 2 cups.