Quick King Ranch Chicken Casserole
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¾ cup chopped poblano pepper
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped jalapeño
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbs. flour
- 1 cup unsalted chicken broth
- 2 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 10-oz. can no-salt-added diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained, or Ro-Tel, drained
- 2 6 inch corn tortillas, torn into pieces
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Heat oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion, bell pepper, poblano and jalapeño; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Add garlic and cumin; cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle flour over the vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, until they are thoroughly coated, about 1 minute.